3D Printer Filament PLA 3mm 1Kg
Click Image for Gallery
- PLA, Polylactic Acid, is created from processing a number of plant products.
- PLA can be composted at commercial facilities unlike ABS which is derived from fossil fuels.
- PLA is a more earth friendly plastic. It is stronger and more rigid than ABS, and in general the printed objects will have a more glossy look and feel compared to ABS.
- Unlike ABS, PLA can be sanded and machined. PLA has a lower melting temperature compared to ABS.
- As a material, PLA has much less warping versus ABS. Additionally, a heated bed is not required to print it.
- PLA generally enjoys sharper details and corners compared to ABS without the risk of cracking or warping. PLA can also be printed at higher throughput speeds.
- It is compatible with different brands of 3D printers(such as: Makerbot, Mendel, reprap, UP, Prusa, Huxley, BFB3000, uPrint, Cubify, printrbot, Sumpod)
- Our fine grade PLA filament (Poly Lactic Acid) is derived from corn starch and is biodegraded in an active compost heap. We recommend PLA for beginners as its more forgiving and easier to work with as it cools & sets faster reducing warpage
- PLA Filament tends to be translucent and shiny
- PLA filament is easier to use but not as stable and will dissolve if wet
- Each spool is sold by weight, not length, in 1KG spools
- Because it is sold by weight, the length and thickness will vary
- The melting point will vary due to the density of the material
- The feed rate and the size of the hot end used will also affect melting point
- Diameter tolerance will vary according to the density of the material
- A properly sized roller and calibrated hot end is required for good performance
- Printer jams are always due to improper sized rollers and / or liners
- This is industrial material manufactured for professional use only
- Diameter: 3.0 ± 0.1mm
- Print temperature range: 180°C to 200°C
- Color: black, blue, gold, green, grey, orange, pink, purple, red, transparent, white, yellow (Optional)
- 1KG 3D printer filament in total