MICROCHIP MCP23017-E/SP I/O Expander, 16bit
Click Image for Gallery
The MCP23017-E/SP consists of multiple 8 bit configuration registers for input, output and polarity selection. The system master can enable the I/Os as either inputs or outputs by writing the I/O configuration bits (IODIRA/B). The data for each input or output is kept in the corresponding input or output register. The polarity of the Input Port register can be inverted with the Polarity Inversion register. All registers can be read by the system master.
- 16 bit remote bidirectional I/O port
- High speed I2C interface
- Three hardware address pins to allow up to eight devices on the bus
- Configurable interrupt output pins
- INTA and INTB can be configured to operate independently or together
- Configurable interrupt source
- Polarity Inversion register to configure the polarity of the input port data
- External Reset input
- Low standby current: 1µA max.
Automation & Process Control; Automotive; Clock & Timing; Consumer Electronics; Aerospace, Defence, Military; Embedded Design & Development; LED Lighting; Industrial; Motor Drive & Control