RUMBA Board for 3D printer
R.eprap U.niversal M.ega B.oard with A.llegro driver - RUMBA is a feature rich all-in-one electronics solution for Reprap and other CNC devices.
It features an onboard ATmega2560. Its six motor outputs are powered by Pololu pin compatible stepper drivers.
The board features a developer friendly expansion port supporting giving access to all unused I/O, ADC and I2C pins.
RUMBA is designed to be flexible in the user's power source availability, allowing any power supply from 12V-35V.
- compact size: 135mm x 75mm
- fully integrated all in one solution:
- UNIVERSAL POWER:
- can be used with 12V-35V for motors / heated bed
- integrated high precision power regulators (DC/DC) for:
- 12V (FAN/Light/...) and
- 5V (ATmega2560/Logic)
- power input selector for ATmega/logic (stand alone or power from USB)
- easy DISPLAY + SD-CARD connector:
- RepRapDiscount SmartController compatible pin header on board
- up to 6 motor driver with easy micro stepping setup (micro switches) which can be used for:
- TRIPLE extruder
- DUAL Z driver and DUAL extruder
- 5x temperature ADC connectors for thermistors:
- e.g. 3x extruder thermistor + 1x heated bed thermistor + 1x chamber thermistor
- 5x PWM capable power mosfet outputs (3 with voltage selector for MainPower/12V):
- e.g. 3x (MainPower) extruder heater cartridge/power resistor + 1x (12V) fan + 1x (12V) light
- 1x PWM capable power mosfet with extended cooling area for heated bed
- 6x end stop connectors with power supply
- can be used for mechanical, opto, hall, ... end stops
- screw terminals *and* pin header for easy motor connection:
- can be used with existing 4 pin Molex plug on motor cable
- easy to attach cables without plug
- USB connector and USB pin header (useful when mounting in a small box)
- Power and ALL unused pins available on EXP-3 feature connector:
- +5V and +12V
- 2x ADC
- 2x PWM I/O
- 4x I/O
- full JTAG support
- JTAG can be used during full operation (no shared pins)
- easy to develop/debug new or optimized firmware using Atmel Studio
Wiring plan based on available information, may contain wrong information ! / recheck necessary.
A different version of RUMBA has a separate COM port 4-pin block (RX/TX/GND/+5) interior of the 16U2. Need picture and docs.