MICROCHIP MCP23008-E/P I/O Expander, 8bit
Click Image for Gallery
The MCP23008-E/P device provides an 8 bit, general purpose, parallel I/O expansion for I2C bus applications. The MCP23008-E/P consists of multiple 8 bit configuration registers for input, output and polarity selection. The system master can enable the I/Os as either inputs or outputs by writing the I/O configuration bits. The data for each input or output is kept in the corresponding Input or Output register. The polarity of the Input Port register can be inverted with the Polarity Inversion register. All registers can be read by the system master.
- High speed I2C™ interface
- 3 Hardware address pins
- Configurable interrupt output pin as active high, active low or open drain
- Configurable interrupt source
- Polarity Inversion register to configure the polarity of the input port data
- External reset input
- Low standby current: 1µA max.
Automation & Process Control; Automotive; Clock & Timing; Consumer Electronics; Aerospace, Defence, Military; Embedded Design & Development; LED Lighting; Industrial; Motor Drive & Control